How to Increase Traffic to Old Articles and New Ones?

December 13, 2009


Five tips on How To Increase Traffic To Your Articles- both, old and new ones.

How To “Increase Traffic” To Your Articles? A question most of us ask and an answer we have received from various writers. I read most of these articles, and apply the ‘traffic increasing’ tricks. By trial and error, I narrow down the list. I then make the most of my time and effort. This helps Increase Traffic.

Over the past 2 weeks, I have seen something. I made some changes that have helped Increase Traffic, Pagevisits and earnings. I hope it helps you Increase Traffic too.

1.Update your older articles: On days when you don’t write anything due to lack of time and/or motivation, play with your old articles. Use your current knowledge of SEO and keywords to update your older articles. Once you do this, you can ping the articles to pingomatic.com, pingoat.com,submitexpress.com etc. Since your older articles have been updated, they will be crawled again my Google and other search engines they get submitted to. This helps Increase Traffic to those older articles.

2.Increase Google Pagerank, by using Backlinks: Backlinks play a vital part in increasing your pagerank. Using Backlinks, you can increase the number of viewers for sure. I have explained the two types of backlinks that can be used to Get Backlinks and Increase Your Pagerank. Use these methods and see how it helps Increase Traffic- slowly, but surely.

3. Few good Social networking/Bookmarking sites: There are too many social networking/ bookmarking sites. It is a waste of time to submit to all, to Increase Traffic.. Some people may disagree, but this is what my personal experience has taught me.My maximum traffic comes from traffic.outbrain, Google and Stumbleupon.

I suggest, use Stumbleupon for sure, as it helped me Increase Traffic. It may take a while, but if you start connecting with a few people on Stumble, it really does help.Twitter, facebook and digg help, but not too much. I am doing something new with Twitter. I started just yesterday, so I want to be sure it works first. If it works I will let you all know.

Drop me a message. I shall give you details of more sites. I am not giving the details here, as I am not sure these guys here will be happy with me talking about other sites. LOL

4.Get 5+ ‘diggs’ or ‘I like it’ on bookmarking sites: When you submit an article link to any bookmarking site like Stumbleupon, Digg etc. try to get 5+ thumbsup (diggs/likes). If more people ‘like’ your link, search engines like Google will think that your link/article is rich in content. Your pagerank goes up in time. Search engines take bookmarking sites seriously, as it is a direct input from readers.

Try to get hold of a few fellow- writers on such sites, and exchange ‘diggs/likes’. This again will help Increase Traffic.

5. Setup A blog: If you have the time, set up a Blog. I say time and not ‘know-how’. Anyone who knows to use google can set up a Blog. Search google and all the information is there. Link your articles from your blog. By placing article links smartly in your blog, you can get more views to your articles. Check my blog Healthy Life Today and see how I went about it. Set up a blog and Increase Traffic to your articles on this site.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
 
 
Copyright © PhumYeung